Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review - Emancipating Andie by Priscilla Glenn

 
Series:  N/A
Publisher:  Self Published
Published:  April 5, 2013
Pages:  280, US Kindle Edition
Edition Reviewed:  ebook
Source:  Borrowed
 
Summary: 
 
Ever since the one time Andie Weber threw caution to the wind - and paid the price for it - she’s learned that it’s safer and smarter to live life playing by the rules. Now she’s got a great apartment, a steady job, and a wonderful boyfriend in Colin; he’s sweet, stable, and essentially perfect – except maybe for the fact that his best friend is Chase.

Chase McGuire lives his carefree, unstructured life strictly for himself. Dripping sarcasm and oozing wit, he refuses to censor his feelings or opinions for anyone, making no apologies for either and wearing his abrasiveness like a badge of honor. No one has ever gotten under Andie’s skin the way Chase does – and vice versa.

So when Andie and Chase find themselves forced to take a two-day road trip together, they are already dreading an inevitable all-out war. But as the trip progresses, and the undeniable friction that has always defined their relationship slowly begins to wear away their preconceived notions of each other, Andie and Chase discover they both have a lot to learn about life, courage, happiness, and the age-old battle between logic and love.
 
Review:
 
 
I had been anticipating the release of this book for months.  But as with any author I haven't read before, I decided to borrow it via Booklending.com.  I did enjoy this book, just not like I was hoping.  As I'm sure you know, I have a complete obsession with main male characters named Chase.  So of course, I had to read it.  My issues with this book are relatively minor, and I still enjoyed this book.  First issue, the "road trip".  Yes, in the summary it states that it was only a 2 day road trip.  BUT I thought the road trip would be more expanded upon, making us readers fully understand the chemistry that develops between Andie and Chase.  But it doesn't.  The road trip is actually over quite quickly, in a span of about 30-40 pages.  Now like I said, this is minor.  But I was hoping for ROAD TRIP, road trip.  Know what I mean?  My other issue was that because the whole "getting to know you" part of the book only encompassed about 1/3 of the book, it seemed kinda of like insta-love, but not really.  Does this make any sense?  I really did feel Chase and Andie's chemistry, but I wanted more of the "falling" part of "falling in love."
 
On the other hand, I liked Andie.  She was likeable, if not reserved.  Chase was able to pull her out of her shell and it was nice to see her take charge of herself.  Chase?  Chase.  While not the total arrogant asshat I originally thought he would be, I still loved him.  Sweet, but yet still showed his douche-y side.  My kind of boy.  And overall, my love of all characters by the name of Chase are still intact.
 
4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment