Sunday, September 30, 2012

Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay

 
Series :  Juliet Immortal #2
Publisher:  Delacourte Books
Published: October 9, 2012
Pages:  375, US Hardcover
Edition Reviewing:  ebook
Source:  ARC courtesy of NetGalley
 
Summary:
 
All will be revealed for fans who have breathlessly awaited the sizzling sequel to Juliet Immortal. This time Romeo takes center stage and gets one chance, and one chance only, to redeem himself.
   Cursed to live out eternity in his rotted corpse, Romeo, known for his ruthless, cutthroat ways, is given the chance to redeem himself by traveling back in time to save the life of Ariel Dragland. Unbeknownst to her, Ariel is important to both the evil Mercenaries and the love-promoting Ambassadors and holds the fate of the world in her hands. Romeo must win her heart and make her believe in love, turning her away from her darker potential before his work is discovered by the Mercenaries. While his seduction begins as yet another lie, it soon becomes his only truth. Romeo vows to protect Ariel from harm, and do whatever it takes to win her heart and soul. But when Ariel is led to believe his love is a deception, she becomes vulnerable to Mercenary manipulation, and her own inner darkness may ultimately rip them apart.
 
Thoughts:
 
I am attempting to review this a little more than 6 months after I read it, so please forgive me if I keep this one short and sweet.  Let's start out by saying that I really, really liked the first book, Juliet Immortal.  Ecstatic doesn't even begin to describe how excited I was that there was going to be a sequel, especially from ROMEO'S POV.  Romeo was my absolute fav character in the first book and I was super happy to get to know his character a little better.  I had built this book up in my head, and quite honestly, it just really didn't deliver.  It's no secret that I love me some bad boys, which Romeo was in the first book.  In the second, not so much.  Even though I do like some lovey-dovey stories involving bad boys, I prefer my bad boys to still be BAD, SARCASTIC, sort of ASS-HOLEY.  Romeo in this book......was not.  I think the author sort of lost the character towards the middle/end.  That being said, I did still enjoy this book and would for sure recommend it to those who want a twist on a classic love story, and those who have read the first book. 
 
3 out of 5 stars
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment