Saturday, November 12, 2011

YouTube Tag, Blogger-Style!

I've been seeing tags going on the in book community via YouTube and always thought it would be fun to participate, but I don't do videos anymore.  So, why not have fun and participate in them on our blogs?!?  This tag comes from The Book Kitty.

Tag:  All About You Tag!

Q:  What was your favorite and least favorite book so far this year?
A:  My favorite book so far is Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma and my least favorite is Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma.  I couldn't even finish that one.

Q:  What is your most annoying habit whilst reading?
A:  I don't really have any ANNOYING habits, per say, but I do have a hard time giving a book my full attention.  I have a bad habit of getting distracted by even the smallest of things, if a book hans't got me hooked yet.  For example, while starting a new book (the first few chapters) even having to go pee turns out to be distracting for me.

Q:  How quick do you usually get through a book?
A:  If it's a book I'm really digging, I'll finish it in a day or 2.  If it's a book that's just OK, 4-6 days is usually the norm.

Q:  How many books do you usually read a week?
A:  I average about 2 books a week.

Q:  Out of all the youTube book bloggers, who would you most like to meet?
A:  I would really love to meet Jessica and Stacey from Chapter Chicks.  They seem funny and down to earth and I think they'd be alot of fun.

Q:  How do you organize your bookshelves?
A:  Honestly, I don't really organize by bookshelves.  The closest I get to organizing in grouping series/authors together.  Oh, and I have a bottom shelf where I put all my current library books.

Q:  Do you prefer quick reads or big and chunky reads?
A:  I tend to stay away from thin and little books.  I tend to gravitate towards big ole' books.  With really short books, I almost feel like I don't get my money's worth.

Q:  Which book related land/place would you most like to live in and why?
A:  This is a no brainer question.  HOGWARTS!  What could be cooler than living in a castle and magic everywhere?  Plus, I would give my right foot for those feasts in the Great Hall!

Q:  Which character would you most like to date?
A:  Such a hard question!  I'll have to go with my current crush-of-the-month, Prince Ash from the Iron Fey series.  He gets me all hot and bothered!

Q:  What is your favorite series so far this year?
A:  It's a tie between the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr and the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa.  Keep in mind I haven;t finished these series.  Acutally, I've only read the first 2 books in each series.  But they are promising to be all time favorites!  My favorite book so far in the Wicked Lovely is the first one, Wicked Lovely.  And my favorite book so far in the Iron Fey series is the first one as well, The Iron King.  I love them because they were what got me hooked on the series!

Q:  What do you find annoying about some authors?
A:  The thing I find most annoying is when authors can't handle criticsm in a respectable manner.  In 2 of my GoodReads YA groups, someone has had a problem with an author verbally attacking them because they didn't care for their books.  One of the authors is a well known author of a popular series of YA books.  the reviewer gave his book 3 stars in her review and the author verbally attacked her saying that she obviously didn't know what good books are, seeing as he is a best selling author.  The other author is a virtually unkown self pubbed one, who actually threatened to kill the reviewers friends and family because she gave his book 1 star.  If you can't handle criticsm and less than positive rating and reviews, you seriously need to consider a new form of employment/hobby.

Q:  What is your favorite classic book that you've read?
A:  In all honestly, I really don't like classics.  Of the ones I've read, the only one that I've ever liked was The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.  I really enjoyed that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment