Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesdays is a bookish meme that highlights your top ten answers to a certain topic! Check out where it all started at The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open

1.)  Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma.  With a book as controversial and intimate as this one, you don't really expect a happy ending.  But nothing prepared me for just how far the author took the ending in this book.  This book remains my all time favorite book.  See my review here.

2.)  Delirium by Lauren Oliver.  By the time I got to the ending of this one, I thought for sure that I was missing a few pages in my copy (I had an E-ARC, and thought just maybe, the last pages were excluded.)  Nope, I looked it up online and found out that really was the ending.  Such a cliffhanger!  Had I not have been reading on my Kindle, I would've thrown it across the room in frustration.  See my review here.

3.)  Forever by Maggie Stiefvater.  Not a cliffhanger, and not necessarily a bad ending, but frustrating for me none the less.  I really didn't want an implied conclusion.  I wanted finality.  I ust finished this one yesterday, so be on the lookout for a review in the coming days.

4.)  My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.  The ending just came at you like a ton of bricks.  I never even saw a hint of that coming.  The whole thing stuck in my mind for days.

5.)  Firelight by Sophie Jordan.  All I could think at the end was NOOOO!  It can't end here!  And I have to wait a year for the next one!  See my review here.

6.)  Hex Hall and Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins.  Hex Hall has more of WHAT?!? ending than Demonglass, but they are still cliffhangers from hell.  This series super cute, fun, and girly and comes complete with an awesome heroine.  See my review for Hex Hall here.  Demonglass review will be up later today!

7.)  Bumped by Megan McCafferty.  I wasn't totally thrilled with this book, but the ending was quite jawdropping for me.  Talk about irony!  See my review here.

I guess this week is only going to have 8.  I can't think of anymore off the top of my head.  See you guys next week!



3 comments:

  1. I agree with Bumped. I didn't see that coming.

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sister's Keeper had quite a shocking ending!

    My Top Ten Tuesday:
    http://butterybooks.com/?p=42365

    ReplyDelete
  3. agh, I can't decide whether to read Firelight or not. A few reviews have scared me away from it, but recently, I've seen it picked for these weekly memes... I might have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete