Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted over at the awesomeness known as The Broke and the Bookish.  Check 'em out!


This week is a freebie week (which is really cool!) and my topic is:

Top Ten Books Everyone Loves But For Me Are 'Meh'

1.)  The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine.  I suffered my way through the first 2 books and just don't like them at all.

2.)  Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma.  I see this book getting such high reviews and I couldn't stand it.  I got halfway through my ARC and never picked it back up.  And I don't think I plan too.

3.)  Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.  I know, I know.  This book just didn't do it for me.

4.)  Gone series by Michael Grant.  Hated all the characters and could are less what happens to them.

5.)  Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink.  Really neat plot idea and beautiful writing, but I just couldn't get into the story.  Maybe because it's a little historical (which I don't read)?

6.)  Impossible by Nancy Werlin.  This novel really just got on my nerves.  I have no idea why.

7.)  Need series by Carrie Jones.  I read the first one and found it just OK.  I may pick up the next one, but not in the near future.

8.)  Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan.  It was OK, I guess.  But I have read much better middle grade fiction.

9.)  The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.  This is actually my least favorite of the 3 Dessen books I have read.  I think Dreamland is a much better novel by her.

You guys are going to kill me when I tell you my #10.  Wait for it, wait for it....

EEK!  I'm scared of being stoned to death!

10.)  Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.   **Ducks in the corner to avoid misc. flying objects aimed at my head**  Let me just clarify that I did like this, but I didn't love it.  Cute and entertaining, yes.  But def not a five star read for me.  Let's just say I won't be knocking people out of the way for the next book, Lola and the Boy Next Door, but I do plan on reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment