Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday

Wishlist Wednesday is an idea borrowed from Book Chick City with my own twist.  Each week I will post 2 books that I am dying to read, but do not own and is not available from the library (I'm a single mom, so I rely on the library alot).  1 book will be a new release, the other at least a year old.
*All pictures and summaries courtesy of Goodreads.

Vampire Crush by A.M. Robinson

I swear, my life was always totally normal.


Normal house, normal family, normal school. My looks are average, I don't have any superpowers, no one's showing up to tell me I'm a princess—you get the picture. But when my junior year started, something not normal happened. There were new kids at school . . . new kids with a wardrobe straight out of a 19th-century romance novel, and an inexplicable desire to stay at school until sundown.
And on top of that, James Hallowell showed up. James, who stole my sandwiches in fourth grade and teased me mercilessly through middle school. James, who now seems to have the power to make my heart race any time he comes near.
But something weird is going on. Because James rarely goes out during the day. And he seems stronger than your typical guy. And he knows the new kids, all of whom seem to be harboring some kind of deep secret. . . .

Seeds of Yesterday by V.C. Andrews

The horror began with Flowers in the Attic, the terrifying tale of four innocent children locked away from the world by a cruel mother. The shocking fury continued with Petals on the Wind and If There be Thorns. Now V.C. Andrews has created the last dark chapter in the strange, chilling tale of passion and peril that has captivated millions of readers around the world.

Cathy and Chris, entwined with the evil that haunts their children, living with the fearful spectre of Foxworth Hall, are awaiting the final, shuddering climax - prisoners of a past they cannot escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment