Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Review - Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Summary

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

Review

First off, I hated Sam in this installment.  But I LOVED Cole!  Grace...meh.  Isabel I like.  This book seems like it is the standard slightly boring, setting up for the next book, "middle book syndrome."  This book was much more boring than the first, which I find is typical with second-in-the-series books, hence the "middle book syndrome."  It doesn't have as much sappy romance as the first, and the romance that is in it is broken up with Cole's perspective.  I really hope the third book, Forever, has more of the Cole/Isabel interaction, and maybe even a relationship?!?  I thing Maggie Stiefvater found a niche with the relationship between Cole and Isabel, and I can't wait to see what happens with them.  Linger is definately not 5 stars like Shiver was, and I was quite disappointed.  Hopefully Forever will make up for it.

3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment