Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Excited but Disappointed

The Good:

I have just in the last couple of weeks discovered NetGalley.  A little behind on the galley train, you say?  Yeah.  I never seem to be in the loop with this stuff.  I just finished my first galley, and have 4 others that I have been approved for, including DELIRIUM by Lauren Oliver which I am super excited for!  I also sold my outdated Sony PRS 505 ereader, which I have had since 2007!  After careful and monotonous research, I have finally decided on a Kindle 3 as my next ereader.  YAY!  I've heard rumors of another price drop on it in March, so I'm going to try and hold out till then.  But that leaves me to read my other 4 galleys on my netbook, which I AM NOT super excited about.

The Bad:

NetGalley disabled the Kindle feature!!!  WTF?!?  After all my decsion making and research, not to mention my NetGalley excitement, I can't even use the Kindle to read my galleys!  AND I don't have a backup reader either.  Oh, damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment