Monday, June 10, 2013

Review - The Love Game by Emma Hart

 
Series:  The Game #1
Publisher:  Self Published
Published:  March 29, 2013
Pages:  321, Kindle Edition
Edition Reviewed:  ebook
Source:  Borrowed
 
Summary:
 
His challenge? Make her fall in love with him.
Her challenge? Play the player.
Until life changes the rules of the game.

Maddie Stevens hated Braden Carter on sight. Arrogant, egotistical, and the playboy of the University of California, Berkeley, he's everything her brother Pearce has taught her to despise. So why, when the girls challenge her to play the player, doesn't she say no? She doesn't know either.

Braden wanted fiery little Maddie the second he laid eyes on her - and he'd do anything to have her, hence why he's agreed to make her fall in love with him. After all, it's the only way he'll get what he wants. Sex.

But, as Braden discovers, there's more to the girl from Brooklyn than he ever imagined - and he can't help but care about the broken girl behind those pretty green eyes.

Maddie finds Braden isn't just a walking erection - he actually has feelings. He can be sweet, funny and his good looks don't exactly hurt. That means trouble - but when her brother Pearce turns up in Berkeley begging for her help, she realises Braden and Pearce aren't so alike anymore.

And maybe, just maybe, they're exactly what each other needs.
 
Review:
 
I've go to admit that I didn't have high hopes for this one.  I'm not one for the cocky, pretty boy, fraternity type of man in my books.  And to be quite quite honest, up until about 50% of the way through this book, it was a take it or leave it kinda story for me.  I really did like Braden and hos friends, and I also did like Maddie's friends.  It was Maddie I disliked.  For the first half of the book.  Then the story heats up after that and I really started to feel Maddie and Braden's connection to each other.
The only other thing about the story that I didn't like was the Pearce angle.  I kind of felt like that was thrown into the story for no reason other than a side plot, which didn't much add to the story.  Other than that, I really liked it.  Like I said, after about 50% into the book I was really enjoying it as the storyline between the 2 characters really started to heat up.  And can I mention that Braden really has some nice lines he uses on Maddie.  Definite book boyfriend material here!
I think it's safe to say that I will be reading the next book in the series as soon as it's released. Really enjoyed this one!
 
4 out of 5 stars!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment