Friday, May 31, 2013

Review - Never Too Far by Abbli Glines

 
Series:  Too Far #2
Publisher:  Self Published
Published:  February 24, 2013
Pages:  306, US Paperback
Edition Reviewed:  ebook
Source:  Borrowed
 
Summary: 
 
He had held a secret that destroyed her world.

Everything she had known was no longer true.

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.
Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again.
What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately?

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.
 
Review: 
 
I believe this one picks up about 3 weeks after the last book ended.  I'll start off by telling you guys that I didn't like this one as much as the last.  We didn't have near as much sexual tension between Rush and Blaire this time, obviously.  But still, Abbi sure as hell knows how to write some steamy scenes!  I won't say much in this review as not to spoil the happenings of the previous book, but I do want to state something that bothered me with this book that I have been seeing a lot in NA books lately.  I won't say exactly what it is, but if you have read this book, you will know what I am alluding to.  At the beginning of the book, Blaire finds something out.  I was actually quite disappointed that the story took this turn, although I saw it coming with the sex scenes in the last book.  It seems quite a few NA books have taken this turn with the main woman and I actually wish it wasn't so prominent.  I mean, I know technically these characters are adults and NA books are all about finding yourself through life and relationships and what not, but I see it TOO often.  Kind of like love triangles in YA books.  It started off in just a couple off books, but now seems to be in all the books.  Okay, rant over.
 
Characters.  Everyone is pretty much the same.  Rush is still kind of an ass.  Although now he's a groveling ass.  And I still love him.  Nan's still a bitch, although her venom seems to be starting to run thin.  Grant is loveable.  Woods is kind of loveable, but to me he just seems older than he is.  I can't help but picture a mid-30ish person for him instead of a young-mid 20ish guy.  Great follow-up to the last book and definitely a must read if you've read the first!
 
4 out of 5 stars!
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment