Monday, May 20, 2013

Review - Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry

 
Series:  N/A
Publisher:  Self Published
Published:  November 15, 2012
Pages:  287, Kindle Edition
Edition Reviewed:  ebook
Source:  Borrowed
 
Summary:
 
Dylan doesn’t do relationships. He and his older brother watched their dad go through hell and back, so they made a pact years ago—no girl would come between the Gibson boys. But his brother sells out. He's getting married anyway. To the sister of a chick Dylan met at a party, who's probably the angriest girl he's ever met. Unfortunately, she happens to be hot, too.

Ziah’s life is upside down—her safe boyfriend turns out to be not-so-safe, and now her sister is getting married before college is over to the older brother of a spoiled, party boy who drives her crazy. And also makes her heart beat too fast.

There’s no denying the attraction, but there's also no denying how much they irritate each other. When they’re thrown together as forced wedding planners, they find an ally in each other--neither wants this wedding to happen.

But instead of putting a stop to the crazy nuptials they find themselves at fittings and cake testing. And maybe even…a few dates?
Dizzy is a novel about what happens when two people who are determined not to fall in love, maybe do anyway. Maybe.
 
Review:
 
This one got a lot of great reviews and I was super excited about it because all of Nyrae Dawn's books sound so good!  Dizzy had all the elements that I love in a book.  Fun characters, cocky leading man, love that happens against the characters wishes.  All in all, an OK book for me.  My main concern with this book was the plain fact that I just didn't buy Ziah and Dylan's attraction/relationship.  For me, it seemed a little too convenient, what with their siblings marrying each other and everything.  I wouldn't say that I didn't enjoy this book, but I could take it or leave it.  I will not let this stop me from reading anymore of Nyrae Dawn's books, or Jolene Perry's for that matter.  I actually have quite a few books of Nyrae Dawn's books on my want to read list.  I would gladly tell you guys to try this one, as it IS fun and quirky.  It got tons of great reviews and everyone seems to really enjoy it.
 
3 out of 5 stars
 


No comments:

Post a Comment