Monday, April 1, 2013

Review - Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

 
Series:  Beautiful Disaster #2
Published:  April 2, 2013
Publisher:  Atria Books
Pages:  448, US Paperback
Edition Reviewed:  ebook
Source:  ARC via NetGalley
 
Summary: 
 
Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.
 
Review:
 
Ahhh.  Finally it's here.  This was my 2nd most anticipated book for 2013.  And how did it compare to Beautiful Disaster?  Well, quite honestly I was a tad underwhelmed.  THIS IS NO FAULT ON THE BOOK.  Let me clarify that I finished rereading Beautiful Disaster about a week ago and I think that was why it didn't pack the punch I was hoping for.  Because I had the first one so fresh in my mind, it felt like I was reading it again.  If you take that little bit of info out of the equation, I would say I really enjoyed it.  Travis Maddox's POV was way more interesting than Abby's.  It was awesome to see things from his perspective, and how his fucked-but-uberly-hot mind works.  I quite enjoyed seeing his reactions and feelings first hand, instead of through other people like in the first book.  I recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed Beautiful Disaster, BUT I do warn people to NOT read it right before Walking Disaster.  It is the exact same story, and reading consecutively hinders the enjoyment, at least for me.
 
4 out of 5 stars!
 




-Victoria Victorious

No comments:

Post a Comment