Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review - The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle

 
Series:  The Storm #1
Publisher:  Self Published
Published:  November 20, 2012
Pages:  442, Kindle Edition
Edition Reviewed:  ebook
Source:  Borrowed
 
Summary:
 
It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.

Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of the biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another—Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse—travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the world's most notorious womanizer?
 
Review *always spoiler free unless noted:
 
I love books about rockstars, as I'm sure you all do as well.  There is just something about tattooed, pierced, sweaty bad boys that gets me.  It also doesn't help that my boyfriend is in a metal band.  Getting back on topic, on to the review.
 
I honestly had no interest in reading this book, partly due to the cover, and partly due to the ages of the characters.  For some reason, I'm really hesitant to read books that have character over the age of 24 or so.  I'm not real sure why, given that I myself am about to turn 27 (the characters are 26 BTW).  This book was really good, and I was pleasantly surprised.  I'm going to have to purchase this one and the next Wethering the Storm (which releases August 20, 2013).  Tru was a likeable character that was REAL.  She wasn't a goody two-shoes, innocent virgin girl who had no experience with the real world.  That was a pleasant surprise, because most NA books have those as heroines.  And Jake.  Bad boy rocker to the max.  And HOOOTT.  Really hot.  As you can tell, the characters were wonderful.  Even the side characters, such as the other band members, were incredibly likeable.  My favorite one?  Stuart.  Stuart is Jake's Personal Assistant.  He's awesome.  I haven't come across anyone who didn't like Stuart!
 
Read this book!  There is so much drama and angst, and I couldn't look away!
 
4 out of 5 stars!
 
 



-Victoria Victorious

No comments:

Post a Comment