Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review - Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle

 
Series:  Book Boyfriends #1
Published:  January 19, 2013
Publisher:  Self Published
Pages:  254, Kindle Edition
Edition Reviewed:  ebook
Source:  Borrowed
 
 
Summary:
 
Scarlett MacGregor has lived a very sheltered life courtesy of her over-the-top controlling parents. Having never been to a co-ed party, much less on a date, Scarlett has relied on her books, her music, and living vicariously through her best friend Evie to keep her sanity as she's patiently awaited her freedom from their rule.

When Scarlett and Evie go away to college, Scarlett quickly meets Ashton, Dylan, and later, Mason, and is thrown into a crash course of like, love, and lust. With Evie's help, she must figure out the difference in the three and which one she wants before she ends up without any of them.

Metamorphosis is the story of Scarlett's transformation from a young, naive girl to a strong, mature young woman and her search for self-discovery and true love.

Review:
 
I was on the fence between buying this one vs. borrowing it via BookLending.  I eventually decided to borrow it, despite the stellar reviews.  I'm glad I did.  First off, I do like the whole concept of Scarlett and Evie picking catergories of "book boyfriends" to date.  I thought that was fun, being a book blogger and all.  Another things I liked?  Ash.  I love Ash.  And Mason was pretty hot too.  Honestly, that was about all I liked.  Thye MC, Scarlett, was annoying and had no personality.  Neither did her friend Evie.  I couldn't connect with them.  It was like they were just written on a page and not brought to life.  And the third love interest (yes, this is a freaking love square), Dylan?  He has got to be the most boring, flat love interest I've ever encountered in a book.  Seriously.  I can't even remember one fun or interesting thing about the guy. 
 
Will I read the next in the series?  Probably.  I liked Ash and Mason enough to want to continue on with the story, if just to read about them.  I will definately put it on request for borrow, but wouldn't purchase it unless it was on sale for $0.99 or something.  This book did get REALLY good reviews though (I think somewhere around 4.30 out of 5 stars on GoodReads), so maybe I'm just one of the handful of people who just thought it was alright.
 
3 out of 5 stars

 
 

-Victoria Victorious

No comments:

Post a Comment