Friday, April 12, 2013

Review - Broken by Christa Cervone

 
 
Series:  N/A
Publisher:  Self Published
Published:  February 25, 2013
Pages:  183, Kindle Edition
Edition Reviewed:  ebook
Source:  Borrowed
 
Summary:
 
According to Webster’s Dictionary the definition of the word Broken is violently separated into parts. SHATTERED.

Yup, that pretty much sums me up. How do I handle things? I find my answers at the bottom of a bottle of Tequila and sleep with random men.

How did I get this way? Well, four years ago I made a decision that cost me the love of my life. I can't undo what I did to drive Garrett out of my life. I haven't seen or heard from him in four long years. But he still haunts me in my dreams or should I call them nightmares at this point? No matter how much booze I drink and how many men I sleep with, nothing fills the void. I feel like I am existing but I’m not really living.

I’m trying to get my life back on track. Well that was until. . . . Garrett walked back into my life. His reappearance threw me into another tailspin.
How do I put the pieces of our broken hearts back together? All before he walks out of my life again... this time for good. Or am I simply destined to just be Broken?
 
Review:
 
Sounded like my kind of book. Tattooed guy, broken girl harboring secrets and pain and angst. I was wrong. Leila came off as a shallow pity party of one. She used alcohol and sex as her coping mechanism, but I don't think it was conveyed right. I felt no remorse for the
situations she put herself through. I didn't feel the relationship between her and Garrett. After 4 years apart they can just magically have a relationship again? Especially after the incident that broke them up. Not to mention the gross overuse of the term "babe" and every other page a sex scene. I appreciate the sex scenes as much as the next person, but I felt like I was reading erotica and not a novel. This book just didn't do it for me. I think the author has lots of potential and I especially like the fact that the love interest is a military member, but this one is just not my cup of tea.

2 out 5 stars
 

No comments:

Post a Comment