Monday, April 8, 2013

Review - Avoiding Responsibility by K.A. Lindie

 
Series:  Avoiding #2
Publisher:  Self Published
Published:  November 29, 2012
Pages:  352, Kindle Edition
Edition Reviewed:  ebook
Source:  Bought
 
Summary *contains SPOILERS for Book #1*:
 
Lexi has finally given up her once destructive relationships and moved onto bigger and better things with a sexy new man in town. Just when she is starting to figure it out with him, her world is tilted once again with a phone call from none other than Ramsey Bridges. A year after his entrance into her life, Ramsey is trying to make amends and does the one thing she never expects—invites her to Jack's wedding.

The wedding she had evaded at all costs. But no matter what she does, Lexi can't seem to escape her past with Jack. But does she really want to?

Despite the explosive chemistry between Lexi and Ramsey, she is skeptical about trusting him after everything that has happened. When things are amiss with him, she starts questioning his motives. Can Ramsey be the one to remove Jack from Lexi's life permanently or should she move on with her blossoming new life?
 
Review *always spoiler free unless noted*:
 
On a semi unrealted note before starting the review, I WANT TO LOOK LIKE THE GIRL ON THE COVER!  Like really.  She's gorgeous.  Why would Jack choose anyone else?!?  Anyways. 
 
I don't like Ramsey.  Yeah, I said it.  I don't know why, but he just doesn't do it for me.  Even though Jack is a complete douche-hole, I totally like him better.  I do have a feeling he and Lexi will end up together at the end of the series.  So.....this book.  It's got a lot of Ramsey and Lexi in it.  If you like Ramsey, you'll love it.  For me it was alright.  I don't really feel like this one got us anywhere, as far as the Lexi/Jack/Ramsey/New Mystery Guy love square goes.  I think it definately suffers from the "Second Book Syndrome."  I really hope the next book finally gets us some form of relationship progression between the characters, because this one was lacking.  I can't remember if the mystery guy was ever revealed in this one.  Was he?  Someone please tell me who it was if his identity was revealed because I don't remember!
 
3 out of 5 stars
 
 


-Victoria Victorious

No comments:

Post a Comment