Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesdays is a bookish meme that highlights your top ten answers to a certain topic! Check out where it all started at The Broke and the Bookish.



Top Ten Books I've Judged by Their Covers

Fallen by Lauren Kate
This book cover def did not match the story inside.  While I liked the book, I only gave it 3 out of 5 stars.  I had such high hopes considering the absolute stunningness of the cover.


Firelight by Sophie Jordan
This picture does not do the actual cover justice.  You need to see it in person (preferably the hardcover version).  It's beautiful.  And the story is also beautiful.  I loved this book.


Sea Change by Aimee Friedman
Again, as with Fallen, an absolutely breathtaking cover that did not quite live up to the actual story. Then again, it was my first time reading a mermaid novel, so I had to get the idea of Ariel out of my head. I gave this one 3 out of 5 stars.


Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Darkside by Beth Fantaskey
I have a love/hate relationship with this cover.  While the actual picture itself screams CORNY, the colors and tone used are wonderful.  But, this book is utterly AMAZING!  5 stars!


Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
This is probably one of my favorite covers of all time.  I love the detail of the item in the girls had, the color scheme, and how the image blurs in the background.  The best part about this cover is that the story lives up to it!  I gave it 5 stars.


Darklight by Lesley Livingston
The thing that makes this cover for me is the incorporation of all the colors.  Also, the detail in it is incredible.  Plus, the girl's red hair makes the image pop.  The book was OK for me.  3 stars.

All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
This is such an eerie and creepy and beautiful cover.  Too bad the story sucked and the characters were annoying.  2 out of 5 stars.


The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
This one was more of a cover/hype love for me.  I love the softness ocolor scheme of the cover and this book had sooo many good reviews.  Too bad it was just an OK book for me.  I expected to be bawling like a baby, but honestly couldn't give a crap about the characters.


Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison
My favorite cover of 2011.  Also, one of my most anticipated reads.  But quite frankly, the book sucked hard.  I never read the story of Tristan and Isolde (which I think worked to my advantage) but i def won't be reading it after the disaster that was this book.  Poorly contructed characters and plotline.  1.5 stars.


Juliet Immortal by Stacy Jay
This cover took my breath away. As well as the summary.  Let me say that I have never been a fan of Shakespeare, so I honestly didn't have high hopes.  But this book was awesome!  The sequel has been announced on Stacy Jay's website, the book being titled Romeo Redeemed.  I can't wait!  4.5 stars








2 comments:

  1. If I was judging books on their covers, I'd have been scared off by all of these! (But, then again, I'm a big baby.)

    I love quirky book titles. Here's my Top Ten list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of The Sky is Everywhere. Too bad it was only an OK story.

    ReplyDelete