Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays


Top Ten Tuesdays is a bookish meme that highlights your top ten answers to a certain topic!  Check out where it all started at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is:

Top Ten Trends You Would Like to See More or Less of

More

1.  Male points of view
2.  Diverse plots.  Everyone is getting sick of the same old thing.
3.  "Taboo" novels.  Think Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma .
4.  Mystery type novels.  I was looking at a GoodReads list of upcoming YA novels of 2012 and it seems like alot of those are mystery-esque books and I am very excited about that.
5.  Non series books.

Less


1.  Vampires/Supernatural creatures.  I love my vampires, don't get me wrong, but every other book is about a vampire, an immortal, or some of supernatural creature.  There is truth in the term, Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
2.  Love triangles.
3.  High prices ebooks.  I was appalled to see some of the newer titles for my Kindle were actually a couple dollars more for the ebook than the hardcover.  For example, Anna and the French Kiss in hardback I bought for around $9.  Kindle version $10.99.  Same thing for Nevermore by Kelly Creagh.
4.  Long series.  For me, series should end between 3-5 books.  Of course, there are exceptions, but majority should fall in this number.  I mean, is there really a need for like, 12 books in the House of Night series?  Really?
5.  Book cover changes..  I really REALLY hate when publishers change the covers of books to something totally different.  Especially when it's in the middle of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment