Saturday, July 16, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

This week’s question comes from Veronica who blogs at: Read Books, Have Fun
 
How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?
 
I get alot of my books through the library (I am a single mom, afterall!).  I am also starting to get review requests for books in which authors send me review copies of ARCs.  I use a website called Booksfree.com for alot my books as well.  It's like a Netflix for books.  You pay a monthly fee and get unlimited rental books sent to you for free.  They have free to and from shipping and a great selection of plans to fit every budget.  They also have audiobooks!  They have quite an extensive array of YA books (and adult!) but only in paperback.  If you want a hardcover book, you'll have to buy it or get it from the library.  As far as buying books, I only but books that I love or books that I can't get from the library or Booksfree.com or if I have a coupon for a bookstore.  I also have a Kindle 3 which I use strictly for cheap Kindle books.  I have found a bunch of great indie authors from those!  Also, if you have a Kindle, check out Booklending.com.  If a publisher has enabled lending on their ebooks, you can wait request that book and when someone posts that book, you can borrow it for 2 weeks!   
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Old Follower
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    Thanks for the site BookLending , Ive just joint and requested a few books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower stopping on by... Thanks for the tip on the books free site! That is really neat. I wonder if the booklending site works for the Nook.

    Kristin @ http://kristincanread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower stopping by!

    How cool is Booksfree.com!!! I've never heard of it until I read your post. I am excited to try this out!!! It's a GREAT way to get new books to read!!! Which plan do you do monthly?

    Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete