Friday, June 24, 2011

Review - House Trap by Mike Mauthor


Series:  None
Published:  May 7 2011
Publisher:  None/Self-Published
Pages:  120
Edition:  E-Book
Source:  Received for review (no compensation)

 Rachel Evans is a sixteen year old overachiever who would take nothing less than to achieve her goal of getting into Dartmouth College. But Rachel’s life would never be the same once she stepped into the house of Alicia Hausefalle, the most popular girl in Wedds High School. Rachel was there to tutor her. She never expected to meet two strangers who were ready to end her life.

House Trap is a short story thriller that I received for review via the author.  I love how the action is pretty straightforward, and we got straight to the point.  I really liked Rachel as an MC and how she put other people in front of herself in the face of danger.  Alicia was blah, and underdeveloped.  I didn't really care for the 2 bad guys either.  I didn't hate them and you are SUPPOSED to hate the bad guys, right? I really liked the whole plot of the House Trap invention and thought the author did a great job with that aspect.  All in all a decent read, just needs some serious editing.

*Thanks to the author for providing me with a copy to review!

3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment