Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekend Recap

Weekend Recap (Formerly Feature Friday) is where I will recap the past week, including reviews, what I'm reading, and what's next on my to-read list.
*All photos and summaries are courtesy of Goodreads


Review - Darklight by Lesley Livingston


Summary

Much has changed since autumn, when Kelley Winslow learned she was a Faerie princess, fell in love with changeling guard Sonny Flannery, and saved the mortal realm from the ravages of the Wild Hunt.
Now Kelley is stuck in New York City, rehearsing Romeo and Juliet and missing Sonny more with every stage kiss, while Sonny has been forced back to the Otherworld and into a deadly game of cat and mouse with the remaining Hunters and Queen Mabh herself.
When a terrifying encounter sends Kelley tumbling into the Otherworld, her reunion with Sonny is joyful but destined to be cut short. An ancient, hidden magick is stirring, and a dangerous new enemy is willing to risk everything to claim that power.
Caught in a web of Faerie deception and shifting allegiances, Kelley and Sonny must tread carefully, for each next step could topple a kingdom . . . or tear them apart.


Review

This is the second installment in the Wondrous Strange trilogy.  I very much enjoyed the first installment, this one....not so much.  I can't exactly put my finger on what I didn't like, other than the fact that it was BORING.  I really enjoyed Kelley and Sonny's romance in Wondrous Strange and there just wasnt any in this one.  Sonny was acting like a jackass and Kelley annoyed the shit outta me.  It could also be the fact that I read Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr right after this one, which I enjoyed so much more and they are both kinda running together. 
I'm on the fence on whether I want to continue on to the final book in this seres, Tempestuous.  I def in no hurry no read it if I do decide to finish the trilogy.

2 out of 5 stars

Review - Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Summary

All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see?

Review

To be quite honest, I went into this book with low expectations.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  Aislinn is a likeable character, not to mention 2 swoonworthy male leads.  The plot stayed interesting, and I didn't really feel the lag in the middle like most books have.  My only qualm was that it was kind of confusing the first 1/4 of the book or so.  I'm kind of disappointed that the next book in the series doesn't continue on the story of Aislinn, Seth, and Keenan but from what I understand, the 3rd book in the series goes back to their story.  I can't wait to read the next book!  My library doesn't have it, so i'll try Interlibrary Loan.  My library utterly sucks at getting Interlibrary Loans, so more than likely i'll be buying it for the Kindle when it arrives.

4 out of 5 stars

What I'm Reading -  I started Linger by Maggie Stiefvater late Friday night.  So far, so good!

What's Next? - Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick

No comments:

Post a Comment