Friday, September 24, 2010

Feature Friday (1)

Feature Fridays is where I will recap the past week, including reviews, what I'm reading, and what's next on my to-read list.
*All photos and summaries are courtesy of Goodreads

Review - A Fool and His Honey (Aurora Teagarden #6)


Aurora’s been around long enough to know that when a day starts out with your handyman going crazy in your front yard, it probably won’t get any better. Sure enough, her husband Martin’s niece Regina shows up with a baby whom no one knew she was expecting. Then she disappears, leaving behind the child—and a murdered husband. To find her, Roe and Martin retrace her steps from sunny Georgia back to snowy Ohio, where they will uncover dark family secrets—at their own peril.


This series just gets better as the books progress.  The tone of this one is much darker than the rest of the series and I found the plot line to be more believeable than the others, if that makes any sense.  In this book, we get a little bit more inside Roe's marriage to Martin Bartell and realize that just maybe things are not as great in their marriage as everyone believes.  Just a forewarning....there is a major jaw dropping moment towards the end of the book.  I personally enjoyed that moment, as I despise who the moment involved.  Nonetheless, my mouth was gaping open when I read it.  There are only 2 books left in this series, and I'm sad to say that I should be done with them in the next month.

What I'm Reading - Yes, I'm STILL reading Dating Dead Men by Harley Jane Kozak.  I've been in a funk lately and it usually doesn't take me 4 days to read a book.  *sigh*  But then again I have been scouring book blogs to see how others have their blogs laid out and twiddling with my own.

What's Next? - Next up on the to read shelf is B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton.  I'm actually a little more than halfway through this one.  I had to put it aside because Dating Dead Men is due back at the library first.

No comments:

Post a Comment